Monday 29 July 2013

Magnolia challenge

Good morning 

Over at the The ribbon girl blog it is time for a Magnolia challenge They would like to see projects using lace and here is my interpretation -


I have made a card blank using ivory centura pearl and ten matted and layered with papers from Floral fantasy which were free with an edition of Cardmaking and Papercraft. I felt that the vintage feel of the papers added to the lace theme. The image is Magnolia Butterfly Dreams - Tilda with butterfly and I have coloured it with the following Promarkers - 

  • dress - pastel pink, coral and dusky rose
  • hair - terracotta, chestnut and walnut
  • skin - ivory, satin and blush
  • lace and socks - pastel beige and khaki
  • shadow - pastel blue and ice grey1
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals and then trimmed off along the perforations. I then cut another one using ivory Centura pearl and matted the image onto it. The ribbon, lace and flowers are all from The Ribbon Girl. I was  overwhelmed with the choice of embellishments on the Ribbon Girl website and was advised by Mary (via e-mail) to start with one of their scrap bags and so the ribbon and lace is from that pack. This is just a fraction of what came in the pack and it was beautifully colour co-ordinated. The flowers just appealed to me so I bought them too. You can check out their amazing range at 


To finish I added some tiny pearls to the die cut.

I would like to enter this card into 

www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - July Magnolia only challenge

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment