Friday 2 August 2013

Barkley

Good morning everyone

Frantic preparations here today as tomorrow we are off on holiday - hooray. The weather has improved here so fingers crossed for next week.

Today's card uses a new stamp from Crafter's companion Barkley range called Heartfelt wishes - 





The image has been coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 

  • heart - TN1, DR1, DR3, DR7 and GG1
  • Purrdy - TN1, GG1 and CR1
  • Barkley - IG3, IG5, IG7 and black
  • shadow - IB1, BGR1, BGR2 and BGR3

I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Elegant labels 4 and matted it onto a faux labels 4. I made this by drawing round the outside of the die and cutting it out by hand. I made the backing paper by stamping hearts randomly all over the paper and colouring with Spectrum noirs DR1 and DR3. I added a ribbon around the centre of the backing paper and then I cut a selection of flowers, leaves and swirls using Spellbinder's Jewel flowers and flourishes which I arranged around the side of the image. To finish I added some pearls.

Well I'm off to finish the packing for tomorrow and I will be in touch in a week's time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment