Tuesday 17 September 2013

Deck the halls

Hello everyone

Here is today's card -


The image I have used is from Crafter's Companion's Barkley collection and is called Home for Christmas. I have coloured the image using the following Spectrum Noirs -

  • door - IB1, IB2, IB3, IG3 and IG5
  • wreath - DG3, CG3 and DR4
  • Purrdy - EB1 and PP4
  • Barkley - BGR1, BGR2, BGR3, BGR4 and BGR5
  • hat - TB5, TB6, TB9, GG2 and GG3
  • bricks - EB1, EB2 and EB3
  • snow - GG1
I also added some glitter to the snowflakes, snow and Barkley's hat. I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then made a twisted easel card using a 6 inch square card blank. I scored and folded one side of the blank in half diagonally to create the easel. Using sliver mirriboard, white centura pearl which I embossed with a snowflake Embossalicious embossing folder and a paper printed off a Mulberry Wood Christmas CD. I then matted and layered the papers onto the card blank making sure not to stick the whole of the easel to the card! - what's that old saying - learning from your mistakes! I added the image to the easel with foam pads for dimension.


To make the stopper I cut the 2 smallest dies from the floral ovals die set and inked them whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I stamped a sentiment from the stamp set diagonally in the corner of the base and then added the stopper with foam pads.


I then cut some holly using white centura pearl and a Die'sire die and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink which I then added to the card as shown. To finish I added some blue gems form the Ribbon Girl.






I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/blog  - be a guest designer

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley





No comments:

Post a Comment