Tuesday 3 September 2013

Our special day

Good morning everyone

Why is it that there are certain months of the year that there seem to be loads of birthdays and anniversaries? My busy months seem to be June, August and September. September is especially busy in our house for anniveraries so prepare yourselves for an overload of anniversary cards this month. They start with my own. Today my husband and I have been married 19 years and here is the card I made for him -


There are lots of photos with this one as I wasn't sure how to explain what I did so I've decided to show you instead.
Firstly I scored and folded a piece of ivory centura pearl and cut using a Xcut heart die.

  





Then I cut one of the hearts into a rectangle.


Then I scored and folded the centre of the rectangle.



Next I cut another heart from ivory centura pearl. Then I glued it onto the rectangle.



Then I cut two smaller hearts from teal centura pearl and two hearts using Spellbinder's vines of passion and ivory centura pearl.








Then I assembled the card as below 


To finish I stamped a sentiment using a Clarity stamp and some copper embossing powder. I then cut the sentiment out using Spellbinder's ironworks motifs and accents die set. I matted the sentiment onto the base of the card with foam pads to act as a stopper.


Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment