Wednesday 18 September 2013

Shall we dance

Good morning

Today is my other sister-in-laws wedding anniversary and here is the card I made for her and her husband - 



As you can see it's an easel card. I started with a piece of A4 white centura pearl which I scored and folded in half. I then cut a grand oval but left part of the die overhanging the card to create a spine. It takes several runs through the Grand Calibur but it does eventually cut through all the layers of card. I then folded the top part of the card in half to create the easel part of the card. I then cut another grand oval the same size, embossed with Spellbinder's hearts embossing folder and added it to the folded part of the card. The papers I have used are from First Edition's Dreamcatcher paper pad. I cut two Spellbinder's floral ovals and added one to the base and one to the easel. Then I cut two smaller ovals and added them to the card. The image I have used is a Lili of the Valley stamp called Shall we dance (ST304) and has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 

  • Mr Bear - cinnamon, caramel, pastel pink, ice grey 1, ice grey 5, amethyst and purple
  • Mrs Bear - sandstone, tan, pastel pink, amethyst, purple, orchid and lavender
  • shadows - ice grey 1
  • sky - pastel blue
I cut the image out and matted onto the easel part of the card with foam pads. The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley's Everyday grungy messages which I have cut out and inked with milled lavender distress ink. I matted it onto a Spellbinder's floral oval and added it to the card base using foam pads to create the stopper. I fussy cut three flowers using Spellbinder's Jewel flowers and flourishes and anemone flower topper and added them to the easel. To finish I added silver gems to the centre of the flowers.


Only one more anniversary to go!!

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley



No comments:

Post a Comment