Friday 22 November 2013

The Holly and The Ivy

Good evening everyone. Here we are at Friday night yet again. They keep coming around very quickly don't they.

The colour challenge at the Ribbon Girl this week is "all white" and this is the picture they gave for inspiration -

                                                       

Now I could see a little silver on this photo so I decided to take a little artistic license and include a hint of silver on my card. The other problem was that I couldn't decided how to include my hint of silver so I did 2 cards and here they are - 

 Gilding flakes

Silver embossing powder

The stamp is a Clarity stamp which is actually the first Clarity stamp I bought and on the first card I used gilding flakes (indigo blue) and on the second one I used silver embossing powder.
Looking at them now I actually prefer the one using embossing powder.


The die I have used is Spellbinder's filigree delight and I matted each one onto silver mirriboard. I them embossed a piece of white cenutra pearl card using an Embossolicious snowflake embossing folder. To finish I added some silver gems.


I would like to enter these cards into the following challenge -

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley

    Both of your cards are stunning - very elegant - and reflect the inspiration photograph so well! I love white and silver together, so classy.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my card today... in answer to your question, I don't use anything to adhere the Frantage onto the card... it's a case of sprinkling it where you want it to be... then heating with a heat gun from underneath... you'll then find it'll melt more slowly. You can finish off with the heat gun on the top if needed.. but I often find that's not necessary. There are lots of YouTube videos which show the technique... or if you still have problems, give me another shout.

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lesley - thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl November Colour Challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete