Saturday 4 January 2014

50th birthday celebrations

Hello and a happy Saturday to you all.

Last night we had a surprise birthday party for my friend who was 50 and here is the card I made for her -
Now this card is black and gold - not green as in the photo (I think the background has interfered with mirri card). I started by making a card base with black centura pearl and I then stamped and embossed another piece of black card with gold embossing folder and a stamp which came free with cardmaking and papercraft magazine. I then matted this onto a piece of gold mirriboard and attached it to the card base. I stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder a corset from Creative Expressions Vintage Lingerie stamp set. I cut the image out and matted it onto a Spellbinder's resplendent rectangles cut from black centura pearl.
I then matted the image onto another Resplendent rectangle cut from gold mirriboard.
I made a flower from gold mirri and black centura pearl with Spellbinder's anemone flower topper and added a black dazzler to the centre. I emboosed two hat pins with gold embossing powder and added them to the card along with a black feather. I also cut 2 gold swirls using Spellbinder's Floral flourishes.
To finish I added a small gold 50 peel off.

Many thanks for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment