Monday 13 January 2014

Kungfu fighting

Good evening folks

Here is today's card - 

I started with a 6 inch kraft card blank which I inked around the edge with walnut stain distress ink and then matted and layered with a paper from LOTV's Country Gent paper pad. I inked around the edge of the paper with walnut stain distress ink before I attached it to the card base. The stamp is called Karate kid (ST178) from LOTV which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 

  • skin - FS1, FS3, FS4 and FS8
  • hair - EB5, EB7 and EB8
  • suit - EB1 and EB2
  • belt - EB3 and EB4
  • shadow - IG1
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's circle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with antique distress ink. I then inked the edge of the circle with walnut stain distress ink. I cut a Spellbinder's scalloped nestie from kraft card and inked around the edge with walnut stain distress ink. I attached the image onto the card as shown.
I cut 3 stars from kraft card using a Xcut star die and inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink and then aorund the edge with walnut stain distress ink. I attached a smaller star cut from the country gent papers and attached it to the largest star. I attached the stars to the card as shown using Pinflair.
The sentiment is from LOTV's happy circular sentiments (set 8) which I cut out with a small circle nestie and matted onto a scalloped circle cut from kraft card. I inked both whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink and then around the edge with walnut stain distress ink. I attached it to the card with foam pads.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lesley, your card is wonderful. I love the simple design of it, the monochrome colour scheme, and your fabulous colouring!

    Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, and good luck in the draw. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete