Monday 6 January 2014

New arrival

Hello everyone

A scheduled post today - first day back at work so I am writing this on Sunday morning when the house is nice and quiet.

Today's card is -

I began by matting and layering a 6 inch square card blank with papers from Docrafts' New arrivals paper pad and inking the edges with tumbled glass distress ink. The image is LOTV's Rocking horse (ST480) and has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 

  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and pastel pink
  • suit - powder blue and denim blue
  • rocking horse - ice grey 1, ice grey 2, ice grey 4, ice grey 5, blender pen, powder blue, denim blue, tan and caramel
  • teddy - sandstone, tan and caramel
  • floorboards - powder blue and denim blue
  • shadow - pastel blue
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Stately circles and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then matted the image onto a Spellbinder's grand decorative circles cut from one of the papers from the pad and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink.  I added some lace from the Ribbon Girl and some ribbon from my stash. Then I attached the image with foam pads.

I stamped the sentiment (from Docrafts' New arrivals stamp set) onto a smaller stately circle and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. To finish I added 2 wooden heart buttons and a little flower (both from the Ribbon Girl) which I inked with tumbled glass distress ink.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -

Thank you for stopping by.
Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card I lurve this LOTV stamp, well I love all of them.
    Thank you for playing along with us at CLF, good luck & hope to see you again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete