Saturday 18 January 2014

Party, party, party

Good Saturday afternoon to you all. I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I am glad the weekend is here - a much quieter week this week and a relaxing weekend too. I am hoping to do a little more crafting - I am not being a good blogger at the moment so I need to get crafting so I have something to blog about!

Here is today's card - 
It is an unusual colour combination but it was inspired by the backing paper which has little blue butterflies on it. I started with an 8 inch card blank which I covered with pale blue core'dinations. I then cut a piece of pink paper from my stash (yes that resolution is working well) using Die'sire lace border 6 and wrapped a piece of blue and pink ribbon (from my stash) around the paper. I then matted it onto the card base. The image is from Crafter's Companion and is called party with Bamboo. It has been coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs -
  • Bamboo - IG1, IG6, IG7, IG10, and PP1
  • shoe - BP2, BP6, PP5, PP1, PP2, PP3, BGR1, BGR2, BGR3, BGR4, BGR5, GG1 and GG2
  • flower - BP1, BP3, BP7, CG3 and DG2
  • butterfly - BP1 and BP7
  • shadow - IG1
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Grand decorative circles and inked whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink. I added lots of glitter to the shoe and the flower. I matted the image onto a large decorative circle cut from blue core'dinations. I did ink this whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink but it didn't show up very well. I attached the image to the card base.
The sentiment is from LOTV's happy circular sentiments (set 8) and has been cut out using Spellbinder's stately circles. I inked it whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink and then applied some ink to the outer edge of the die cut.
I cut some butterflies using Tonic's Marazine blue die and some pale blue core'dinations and attached them to the card as shown. To finish I added some pink pearls (from The Ribbon Girl) to the centre of the butterflies and a very messy bow using pink and blue ribbon.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley



1 comment:

  1. hey Lesley, this is super cute! love that shoe
    thanks for joining us @ In The Pink Challenge "Anything goes". Good luck!

    ReplyDelete