Sunday 26 January 2014

Vintage Rugby

Hello everyone

Happy Sunday afternoon to you all. I hope you are not getting too wet. Can you believe it is possible to rain any more? The rain here has been unbelievable. I feel very sorry for those people still struggling with the flooding from Christmas - the last thing they need is more rain. I have taken advantage of the horrible weather and spent the day crafting - I've put off the ironing until tonight.

Here is today's card -
I began with a 6inch card blank onto which I matted a piece of brown textured cardstock. I distressed the edges of the cardstock with sandpaper. The image is from Papermania's Nostalgia past times stamp set and I stamped it using walnut stain distress ink. I then used walnut stain and antique linen distress ink to colour the image.
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's labels 11 and inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink. I then matted it onto a larger labels 11 cut from brown textured cardstock.
I ran a piece of beige card through a Darice embossing folder and then sanded it back to reveal the core. I then inked around the edges with walnut stain and antique linen distress ink. I added this to the card base and then attached the image with foam pads. To finished I stamped "happy birthday" (from the stamp set) into the top corner using walnut stain distress ink.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley



2 comments:

  1. A great masculine card and perfect for our theme.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant 'man' card and very vintage, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. xxxx

    ReplyDelete