Thursday 13 February 2014

Love me tender

Hello

The monthly challenge at LOTV is "Name that tune" so I decided to go for the song "Love me tender" by Elvis and here is my card - 
I began by making a card blank using white centura pearl and Spellbinder's grand decorative circles one, and inked whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink. I then matted and layered the card base using papers from LOTV's Perfect pairs paper pad and added some ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl). The image is LOTV's James - big heart and has been coloured with the following Promarkers -
  • James - cool grey 1, cool grey 2, cool grey 3 and black (I added some glossy accents to his nose)
  • rose - bright green, forest green, antique pink and salmon pink
  • shadow - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
  • sky - pastel blue
  • heart - I paper pieced the heart with a paper from the pad
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's lacy ovals, inked whilst still in the die antique linen distress ink and then added a little ink to the outer edge of the die cut. Before I attached the image I cut and attached 2 Spellbinder's die d-lites Vines of passion. I then attached the image with foam pads.
To finish I added some flowers from the Ribbon Girl.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://www.ideastoinspire.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenge - name that tune
http://www.theribbongirlchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk - romantic 
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - #37 Valentines - a little pink love

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment