Thursday 20 February 2014

My favourite crafting item

Hello everyone.

A lovely lady called Brenda is having a blogaversary celebration over on her blog Floral fantasies where you can win some fabulous Spellbinder's dies. Brenda would like to know what is your favourite crafting item. After giving this very careful thought I looked back at previous posts and decided that the item I use most and would is therefore my favourite is Spellbinder's Floral Ovals die set. I love the beautiful cut and shape of all the dies in this set. To showcase the dies I made this card -

I began by cutting a 8 inch card blank with Go Kreate's XXL square frame frilly #5 to create a shaped card blank which I then inked around the outer edge with CR7 Spectrum Noir pen. I then matted and layered the card base with peach core'dinations, a paper from First Edition's New Leaf paper pad and the smaller dies in the die set. I added some lace (from the Ribbon Girl) to the centre. The image is Magnolia's Summer flower Tilda (also a crafting favourite but couldn't pinpoint it to one stamp in particular so it didn't make the cut) which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs -

  • hair - GB8, GB9 and GB11
  • skin - FS1, FS2, FS3 and CR1
  • dress and bow - CR1, CR2 and CR7
  • flower - CR1, CR2, CR7 and DG2
  • shoes and wings - BT2, BT3 and BT4
  • shadow - BG1 and BG3
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then cut a Spellbinder's decorative labels 8 from peach core'dinations and matted the image onto it. I attached it to the card with foam pads. I cut several Spellbinder's Jewel flowers and flourishes from more papers in the New Leaf paper pad and attached them to the card as shown. I also added some dragonflies cut using a Doohickey die. To finished I added some peach pearls to the floral oval, the centre of the flowers and to the dragonflies.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -
http://stamping-fantasies.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/5th-blogaversary-celebration.html

Many thanks for stopping by.

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. You certainly have showcased your favourite die beautifully Lesley and I really love the warm colours you have used. All perfectly balances and embellished as well.

    Thank you so much for joining in my blog celebration with your lovely card and good luck when it comes to the prize draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete