Thursday 6 March 2014

Art Deco birthday

Hello Folks

Today is my friend Shelia's birthday. She is a glamorous lady who loves Art Deco and so here is the card I made for her -
I began by embossing a piece of gold centura pearl and a piece of black centura pearl using a Docraft's Art Deco embossing folder. I then cut out the centre of embossed black card and attached it to the centre of the embossed gold card. I then matted and layered it onto black and gold centura pearl. I used my Perfect Layers tools to get the accurate mats and layers. I then attached the topper to a black card blank (made with black centura pearl and my Ultimate Pro). The image is from a set which came free with a copy of Docraft's Creativity magazine and I coloured it with the following Promarkers -
  • skin - almond, putty and dusky pink
  • lips - berry red
  • dress - gold, cinnamon and black
  • cape - cool grey 4, cool grey 5 and black
  • shadow - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
  • sky - pastel blue
I cut the image out with scissors and attached to the card blank with Pinflair. I then cut an Anemone flower topper from gold centura pearl and attached it to the card along with some feathers and 2 hat pins. I added a black dazzler to the centre of the flower. To finish I stamped a sentiment from the set onto gold centura pearl and cut out using the smallest die from Spellbinder's Resplendent rectangles.

Happy Birthday Shelia.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment