Monday 31 March 2014

Baby pink

Good Monday morning to you all.
Can you believe it is the first of April tomorrow. I struggled to get up this morning - I had become used to it being light when I got up but because of the clocks springing forward yesterday it is back to being dark again. Oh well I suppose the lighter evenings will make up for it. And the weather is being lovely and spring like too which is lovely.
The ladies at In the pink challenge want to see cards using mainly pink for children or babies so here is my card. It is a very pale pink but the photos just seem to have washed it out to virtually white - 
I began by making a 6 inch card blank using my trusty Ultimate Pro and some white centura pearl card. I then punched the front edge of the card with a Tonic dotty lace border punch. I matted the inside of the card with a pink gingham paperwhich you can hopefully see on the photo -
I then matted the front with another pink paper. All the papers are from Docraft's New arrival paper pad by the way. I then cut a dotty lace circle using 2 of the die from the Tonic set and another pink paper, then attached it to the card front with foam pads. The image is from Docraft's New arrivals stamp set and has been coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • bear - IG1, IG2, IG3, PP1 and PP3
  • rabbit - PP3, PP4 and IG1
  • shadows - IB1 and BG1
I cut out the image and attached it to the card front with Pinflair.
The sentiment is also from the stamp set which I cut out using a Die-namics stitched circle die and inked whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink. I then attached it to the bottom corner of the card with foam pads.
To finish I added some pearls (which I coloured with PP1 spectrum pen) to the border.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - challenge 40-kiddies corner or babies

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley


1 comment:

  1. Awww love this sweet image & your gorgeous die cuts makes this one perfect baby creation..

    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink chall this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete