Thursday 13 March 2014

Missed the boat

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather we are having at the moment.

This is today's card - 

I originally made this card for Magnolia Down Under Challenge when the challenge was "butterflies" but as usual I was cutting it a bit fine and actually ended up missing the deadline altogether (that will teach me to get things finished before I go gallivanting with the girls for the weekend). I loved the way the card turned out so I have decided to post it anyway.
I began by making a shaped card blank using a 8 inch card blank and Go Kreate's XXL square frames frilly #5 which I matted and layered with Docraft's kraft notes paper pad and the Go kreate dies. I created the border using Tonic' s dotty lace punch and a piece of ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl). 
The image is Butterfly dreams Tilda which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • hair - TN4, TN6 and TN7
  • skin - TN1, FS1, FS4 and CR1
  • shoes and flowers - GT1, GT2, GT3, IG1 and BP1
  • butterflies - GT1, GT3 and BP1
  • shadows - IG1 and IB1
I couldn't find the right colour for the dress so I paper pieced it using one of the papers from the paper pad. I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I cut a Tonic dotty circle die cut from one of the papers, attached it to the card base and then attached the image using foam pads. I cut a LaLa land hearts banner and 2 Doohickey vintage daisies (I matted the 2 together and secured them with a pearl brad from the Ribbon Girl) from the papers and attached them to the card base as shown. To finish I added a sentiment using LOTV's sentiment tags set (set 24).

Thanks for stopping by

Lesley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment