Thursday 24 April 2014

Birds of a feather

Hello folks

The challenge at Allsorts this week is Birds and Feathers so here is my card for the challenge - 
I began by making a 6 inch card blank from Kraftcard. I then embossed a piece of core'dinations with a M-bossabilities embossing folder called tweets and twigs which I then sanded back to reveal the core. I then attached it to the card base.
The image is Wise words by Rachelle Anne Miller (from Crafter's Companion) which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • owls - BGR1, BGR2, BGR3, BGR4, BGR5, IB1, IB2 and IB3
  • leaves - GT1, GT2 and GT3
  • branches - EB2, EB5, EB7 and EB8
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out using Tonic's layering squares and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then cut mats from core'dinations card (which I embossed with the above embossing folder) and Kraftcard and then layered the image onto them.
I cut 3 Die-namics flourishes from Kraftcard and arranged them onto the card base and then attached the topper with foam pads. 
To finish I coloured some pearls with GT3 Spectrum Noir and attached them to the flourishes.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://www.allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 255 - birds and feathers

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley



2 comments:


  1. What a super creations for our Birds and Feather theme Lesley, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fabulous card, love the background, cute owls and gorgeous colouring.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete