Tuesday 15 April 2014

Birthday celebrations

Hello folks

I hope you have been enjoying this beautiful weather we have been having here in the UK. We took advantage of the sunshine and the Easter holidays and went for a walk around Biddulph Grange. It was simply stunning - the tulips and daffodils in particular.
Lili of the Valley are celebrating their 10th birthday this month and the challenge this month is Birthdays. So this is my card for the challenge
I began by cutting the outer edge of a 6 inch card blank with Spellbinder's bracket borders 2. I then cut several papers from LOTV's Promises paper pad with the same die set and matted and layered them onto the card base as shown.
The image is LOTV's Annabel upside down (ST 496) which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • skin - satin, blush and dusky pink
  • hair - terracotta, chestnut and burnt umber
  • clothes - pastel blue, denim blue, arctic blue, lavender and lilac
  • shoes - cool grey 1 and cool grey 3
  • branch - walnut, henna, bright green and forest green
  • dog - ice grey 1, ice grey 4 and ice grey 5
  • sky - powder blue and cornflower
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's rectangle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then matted the image onto a Spellbinder's fleur de lis rectangle die and attached it to the card base with foam pads.
The sentiment is from LOTV's circular happy sentiments (set 8). I added a little colour to the flowers with Promarkers, cut it out with a scalloped circle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink.
I made some flowers using a Tonic petals pairs punch, added some pearls (from the Ribbon Girl) to the centre of the flowers and attached them to the card as shown.
Because I had shaped the card front I also decorated the inside of the card as shown - 
I cut the white border with Spellbinder's bracket borders 2 and wrapped some ribbon (from my stash) around the border.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://www.ideastoinspire.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenge - 10th Birthday card
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - lovely Lili challenge - anything goes

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley






1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card Lesley, love that border.
    Thanks for joining our '10th Birthday' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete