Monday 28 April 2014

Cat in a hat

Hello and a very Happy Monday to you all

This week's challenge at Crafty Little Fairies is Furry Friends and the challenge at I love Promarkers is Hats so I have deicded to combine the two - A cat in a hat - 
I began with a 6 inch card blank which I matted and layered with papers from First Edition's Summer Breeze paper pad. I created the border using Tonic's rose lace border punch which I added to the card base.
The image is Be Fabulous from Crafter's Companion's Everyday with Barkley collection which I coloured with the following Promarkers -
  • cat - satin, tan, coral and burnt sienna
  • hat - soft peach, peach, mango, satin, peach and burnt sienna
  • hat box - ice grey 1, ice grey 3, soft peach, burnt sienna, coral, peach and mango
  • shadow - warm grey 1, warm grey 3 and pastel blue
I cut the image out using one of the dies from Tonic's dotty lace dies, inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink and attached to the card with foam pads.
The sentiment is from the stamp set which a cut out with a Spellbinder's scalloped circle die, inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink and atached to the card with foam pads.
I made some flowers using Tonic's petal pairs punches and scraps of the papers and added them to the card as shown.
To finish I added some pearls which I coloured with a peach Promarker to the centre of the flowers.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://craftylittlefairieschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - furry friends
http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk - challenge 216-hats

Many thanks for stopping by.

Lesley




1 comment:

  1. Fabulous image love that hat. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete