Monday 7 April 2014

Classic cars

Happy Monday everyone

Today is the first day of my Easter holidays so along with lots of appointments for me and the kids I should have lots of crafting time - wooohoooo!!!!
My card today is along way from my usual style and I'm not sure I like it that much - I don't really do vintage or grungy but here goes -
I began with a 6 inch Kraftcard blank which I inked with walnut stain distress ink. I then took a scrap piece of paper (from LOTV's Father knows best paper pad) tore the edges, ran through the Grand Calibur with a M-bossabilites embossing folder called Kickin Rubber and inked around the edge with walnut stain distress ink. I have taken a picture so you can hopefully see the results which I was very pleased with -
The image is from Docraft's Nostalgia classic cars stamp set which I stamped with walnut stain distress ink onto watercolour card. I then pulled the ink from the image with a damp paintbrush. In areas which required a slightly darker colour I used a paintbrush to paint with the distress ink. When dry I cut the image out with a Spellbinder's oval nestie and inked whilst still in the die with antique linen and walnut stain distress inks. I then removed it from the die and inked the outer edge with antique linen distress ink.
I cut several gears from Kraft card using Spellbinder's Spritely sprockets, inked with walnut stain distress ink and then attached to the card base as shown.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley



3 comments:

  1. Lovely vintage style card. It's not a style that I find easy, but it looks so great on your masculine card. Gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Crafty Little Fairies,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas,
    As You Like It,
    Pink Gem Designs,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stampfairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lesley, I can't imagine why you are not pleased with your card...If one can say that a male card is stunning, well that's what this one is. I struggle with vintage/distressed style, and if I could produce anything like this, I would be 'as proud as Punch'.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be happy Lesley...this is a fabulous vintage card and masculine as well..wonderful.
    Thanks for joining in with us at “Crafty Little Fairies..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete