Friday 18 April 2014

Easter egg hunt

Hello, happy Friday. 

Well it's the start of the Easter bank holiday weekend and I hope the weather is being kind to you. The sun is shining here so I intend to spend some more time in my garden.
To celebrate the weekend here is another Easter card - 
I began by matting and layering a 6 inch card blank with papers from LOTV's Heartfelt paper pad. I then cut a doily using Tonic's dotty lace doily die and added it to the card base. I then added some pink ribbon (from my stash.
The image is Tilda holding Easter egg from Magnolia and has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • hair - henna
  • suit - cocktail pink, salmon pink, carmine, baby pink and pink carnation
  • egg - baby pink, pink carnation, crimson and burgundy
  • grass - lush green and pine
  • sky - pastel blue and denim blue
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals, inked whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink and them attached to the card base with foam pads.
The sentiment is from LOTV's circular happy sentiments (set 8) which I cut out with a scalloped nestie and inked whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink. I added a little colour to the flowers on the sentiment.
 I made some flowers from the papers and Tonic's petal pairs punches which I added to the card as shown.
To finish I added some pearls coloured with a salmon Promarker.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley



No comments:

Post a Comment