Saturday 12 April 2014

Easter greetings

Hello, Happy Saturday to you.

I have been busy making Easter cards and here is a clean and simple one -
I began by inking a 6 inch scalloped card blank with spun sugar distress ink and then matting and layering with papers from LOTV's Perfect pairs paper pad cut using Tonic's layering square dies. I ran a lime green Promarker around the edges of the papers before matting and layering.
The image is from Penny Black (not sure of the name of the stamp) which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • hedgehog - satin, blush, dusky pink, raw sienna, burnt sienna, pastel pink and coral
  • egg - baby pink, cocktail pink, dusky rose, lime green, pear and moss
  • bird - cocoa, henna, walnut and gold
  • grass - lime green, pear and moss
  • cart - tan, caramel and umber
  • flowers - salmon and gold
  • sky - pastel blue and denim blue
I cut the image out again using Tonic's layering squares die, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and then ran a lime green Promarker around the edge before attaching to the card base.
To finish I added some flowers cut using a Tonic petal pairs punch and some leaves cut using a leaf punch (I got it from Joanna Sheen years ago when I first began card making and I hardly ever use it - shame really, its quite cute)

Many thanks for stopping by.

Lesley


No comments:

Post a Comment