Tuesday 22 April 2014

Two for one

Hello

This month's colour challenge at the Ribbon Girl is YELLOW so I have made this card, get your sunglasses  ready
As you can see it is very, very yellow! I began by embossing a piece of core'dinations with a floral frenzy embossing folder from Crafters Companion. I wrapped a piece of spotty yellow ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the card and  then matted and layered (along with some darker core'dinations) onto a 6 inch card blank.
The image is Tilda holding an egg from Magnolia which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • hair - henna
  • bunny suit - daffodil bloom, pineapple crush, summer sun. soft peach, peach and mango
  • egg - soft peach, peach, mango, pineapple crush and summer sun
  • grass - green and lush green
  • sky - pastel blue and denim blue
I cut the image out with Die-namics stitched circle and matted it onto a Tonic dotty lace doily. I then attached it to the card base with foam pads.
The sentiment is from LOTV's circular happy sentiments (set 8) which I cut out using a scalloped circle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with scattered straw distress ink. I added a little colour to the flowers on the sentiment with Promarkers.
I made some yellow flowers using Tonic's petal pairs punches. I added a blob of Pinflair to the centre of the flower and then added some glitter. The results look a little like clear jelly tots! Also if you look closely you will see they are not perfect circles - never mind better look next time.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -
 http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - April colour challenge - yellow
I also made this card - 
It is made in the same way as the one above I just change the image and the colours I used. The stamp is Tilda decorate Easter and has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • hair - raw sienna, terracotta and chestnut
  • clothes - daffodil bloom, pineapple crush and summer sun
  • daffodil - tulip yellow, sunflower, gold, bright orange, mandarin, orange, lush, pine, holly, tan, caramel and cinnamon
  • soil - burnt sienna and walnut
  • sky - pastel blue and denim blue
Many thank for stopping by today.

Lesley





No comments:

Post a Comment