Thursday 5 June 2014

Glamour Puss

Hello Folks

So sorry for neglecting my blog recently but I have had visitors and had to go back to work - well I have to earn money to fund my crafty habit!!!!
Today's card features another of the Scruffy Little Cat stamps from Crafter's Companion. These are fast becoming my go-to stamps for teenager's cards - 
I began by making a shaped card using Go Kreate XXL square frames Frilly #2. I covered the card blank with a piece of kraft card which I cut with the frilly #2 and embossed with Crafter's Companion Scruffy Little Cat bubbles embossing folder. I sanded the kraft card and then added a little tumbled glass distress ink to the edges.
I cut a paper from the Scruffy Little Cat pastel shades paper pad with Crafter's Companion's Create a card Decadence die and matted it onto another of the papers. I then matted the whole thing onto a piece of turquoise core'dinations card. I then attached it to the card base with foam pads.
The image is Niamh from Crafter's Comapnion's Scruffy Little Cat range which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • hair - GB8, GB10 and EB5
  • skin - FS2, FS4, FS6 and CR1
  • lips - DR1
  • eyes - TB1
  • eyeshadow - GT1 and GT2
  • Onesi and band - GT1, GT2, GT3 and DR1
  • shadows - IG1, IB1 and TB2
I added glitter to the onesi and to the eyeshadow. Then I cut the image out with Spellbinder's Matting Basics A and inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink. Once the image was out of the die I added some tumbled glass distress ink to the outer edge and attached the image to the card base with foam pads.
The sentiment is from the stamp set and I cut it out using Spellbinder's Floral Ovals. I inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink and added tumbled glass distress ink to the outer edge once it had been removed from the die.
To finish I added some flowers made using Tonic's petal pairs and turquoise core'dinations. I added silver gems (from the Ribbon Girl) to the centre of each flower.

Many thanks for stopping by.

Lesley



No comments:

Post a Comment