Tuesday 24 June 2014

Pretty in pink

Hello everyone
Normal service is resumed today - pink and bold yeah!!!
Again I took the photo in the garden in yesterday's sunshine so it is a bit washed out. There isn't a piece of printed or coloured cardstock used in this card. I made it entirely using Neenah white card, Spectrum Noirs and Crafter's Companion stamps.
I began by making the backing paper. I randomly stamped a piece of white Neenah card with Flower power stamps from Sheena Douglas. I coloured them in using the following Spectrum Noirs -
  • flowers - PP1, PP3, PP5 and BP1
  • background - IG1 and IG2
I added glitter to the centre of each of the flowers. I took an 8 inch card blank and ran a IG4 Spectrum Noir pen around the outer edge to create a faux layer. I then attached the flower background paper to the card and added a piece of velvet ribbon and lace (from the Ribbon Girl) to the centre of the card.
The gorgeous image is Louise part of the Scruffy Little Cat from Crafter's Companion which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • hair - CT2, CT4, GB3 and GB7
  • skin - FS1, FS3, FS6 and CR4
  • eyes - IB1
  • eyeshadow - TB1 and TB3
  • lips - BP2
  • clothes and shoes - PP1, PP3, PP5 and BP1
  • flowers - PP1, PP3, PP5, BP1 and BP2
  • boxes - PP2, PP4, PP1, PP3, PP5, BP1, BP2, IG1 and IG2
  • lipstick - IG1, IG2, IG4, BP1 and BP2
  • shadow - IG1 and IG2
  • background - IB1, TB1 and TB2
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Grand decorative circles one. I then added loads of antique pink frantage powder and attached the image to the card with foam pads.
To make the flowers I stamped them once again using Sheena's flower power stamp set and coloured them with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • PP1, PP3, PP5 and BP1
I added some pink dazzlers from The Hobby House and arranged them on the card with some flourishes cut using a Die'namics die and coloured with a IG4 Spectrum Noir pen.

I would like to enter this card into the Spectrum Noir challenge which is now on Facebook - never done this before so I am now entering unknown territory - wish me luck!

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to leave a comment - I loveto read them.

Lesley




No comments:

Post a Comment