Sunday 15 June 2014

Say cheese

Hello folks

Happy father's day to all the dads and grandads out there. Here is the card I made for my hubby to send to his dad - 
I began by covering a 8 inch card blank with a brown spotty paper from my stash. (I think it comes from a paper pack from Docrafts called Hawthorn and Bramble). I cut a smaller square of a beige spotty paper and attached it to the card base, then cut 4 corners (using Tonic's Fancifull flourishes) and attached then to the beige square as shown.
The image is from Penny Black and is called Say Cheesecake which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • mice - ivory, mustard, raw sienna and sunkissed pink
  • camera - cool grey 1, cool grey 2. cool grey 3, cool grey 4, cool grey 5, fresh meadow, green shoot and blender pan
  • shadow - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
  • sky - pastel blue
I cut the image out using a Tonic layering square die and I inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink. I then matted the image onto a Tonic Affections square base (using the 2 outer dies) cut from some more brown spotty paper. I then attached the image onto the card base with foam pads.
To finish I stamped a sentiment from LOTV's happy circular sentiments, cut it out with a Spellbinder's circle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink. I matted the sentiment onto a scalloped circle (a Spellbinders die) cut from a scrap of brown spotty paper and attached it to the card with Pinflair.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.co.uk - June challenge - use your favourite stamp
Thank you for stopping by
Lesley

4 comments:

  1. So very cute! Darling image and I love the sketch you used. Beautiful diecuts too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More this month. Hope you'll play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Lesley. Your image colouring is lovely and the die cut corners work perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More for our favourite stamp challenge and we hope you will join us again next month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely father's day card and adorable image. Thank you for playing at Crafty Little Fairies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love all those spotty papers!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete