Saturday 14 June 2014

Straight down the fairway

Good morning folks

Another male card today (lots of challenges for male cards this month). I do struggle with cards for the boys in my life so for inspiration I nipped over to LOTV ideas to inspire sketches section and found sketch #1  
        
And here is the card - 
I began by covering a 6 inch kraft card blank with a paper from LOTV's Beach Bliss paper pad. Ifollowed the sketch using Tonic's layering square dies and more papers from the Beach Bliss paper pad.
The image is LOTV's Playing Golf (ST416) which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • hair - burnt umber
  • clothes - burnt sienna, walnut, burnt umber, oasis, island lagoon, marine, ivory and pastel beige
  • hat and bag - tan, caramel and cinnamon
  • golf clubs - ice grey 1, ice grey 3, ice grey 4 and burnt sienna
  • grass - pear and moss
  • sky - pastel blue
I cut the image out using Die-namics stitched circle STAX, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted onto a larger circle. I then attached the image to the card with foam pads.
The sentiment is from LOTV's sentiment to fit scrolls stamp set. I cut the sentiment out using Die-namics mini tabs quartet.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
Thank you for stopping by
Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card Lesley!
    Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Lesley. I love your colour combination!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley June Challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete