Wednesday 18 June 2014

White, gold and blue

Good evening folks

The challenge this week at Allsorts is to use white, gold plus one other colour. I chose to use blue and here is the card I made -
I also used a sketch from LOTV's ideas to inspire blog on Saturday which you can find here. I began by cutting a square using Tonic's layering square die set and white centura pearl which I then embossed using an Embossalicious script embossing folder. I then matted this square onto a piece of blue centura pearl, covered a 6 inch with gold centura pearl and then added the embossed piece of card. 
I cut a strip of gold and one of blue centura pearl and embossed them with an embossing folder which came free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. I attached the blue strip, added some lace (from the Ribbon Girl) and then attached the gold strip.
The image is called Midsummer's night (ST500) from LOTV which I coloured with the following Promarkers -
  • hair - buttercup, tulip yellow and mustard
  • skin - satin, blush and dusky pink
  • clothes - pastel blue, denim blue, arctic blue and sky blue
  • wings - ivory and pastel beige
  • toadstools - midnight blue, indigo, sunflower, gold, ivory, pastel beige and khaki
  • grass - pear green and moss
  • stars - gold and sunflower
  • sky - twilight sky and polar blue
I added lots of glitter to the fairy's wings and her headband and then cut the image out with Spellbinder's matting basics A. I inked the image whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and then matted and layered it onto blue and gold centura pearl. I attached it to the card base with foam pads.
To finish I added some stars (cut using X-cut star dies) and a Spellbinders blooms 3.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://www.allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 263-white and gold plus one

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Lesley, the shades of blue look really lush against the richness of the gold.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the stamp and colour you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry forgot to add
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts ' Gold, White Plus One challenge' and hope to see you on the new challenge starting tomorrow x Susan x

    ReplyDelete