Tuesday 29 July 2014

Christmas on the move

Hello Folks

Today's blog is another Christmas post. The challenge at Winter Wonderland is "on the move". I decided to make a clean and simple card today and here it is - 
I began by stamping LOTV's sledging buddies stamp and colouring it with the following Promarkers - 

  • polar bear - ice grey 1
  • penguin - ice grey 5, black and gold
  • penguin's hat - cloud blue, cadet blue and ice grey 1
  • sledge - praline, caramel and saddle brown
  • tree - holly and ice grey 1
  • snow - icicle

I added lots of glitter to the snow, hat and the trees and then cut the image out using Tonic's layering squares. I inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and then added a sentiment from LOTV's handwritten Christmas phrases. 
I then cut a silver mirriboard square and a square of paper from LOTV's Frosty Christmas paper pad using larger layering squares. and matted and layered the image onto them.

I took a 6 inch scalloped card blank and inked around the edge with tumbled glass distress ink then attached the layered image to the card blank.
I cut a Die'sire snowflake from white card, inked the edges with tumbled glass distress ink and added it to the top corner. To finish I added a blue gem courtesy of the Ribbon Girl.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous CAS design! I love the cute image (a perfect fit for our theme!) and the snowflake looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Winter Wonderland - good luck!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete