Thursday 3 July 2014

Die cut Tilda

Hello everyone
Today finds me off to the beach (whatever the weather) with work so I am praying for dry weather. Here's hoping.
The challenge at the Ribbon Girls is a Magnolia only one and the ladies would like you to add a die cut. Now that's a challenge for me - I love my die cuts!!! Here is my card for the challenge - 
I began by matting layering a 8 inch card blank with some papers from LOTV's Timeless Victorian paper pad (sorry you will be seeing this a lot - it's my new favourite). I added some velvet ribbon and lace from the Ribbon Girls. I then used Tonic's twisted twine square die set to cut the centre panel and attached to the card with foam pads.
The image is Summer flower Tilda which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • hair - TN5, TN7 and TN9
  • skin - FS1, FS3, FS6 and TN2
  • dress, shoes and bow - HB1, HB2 and HB3
  • flower - HB1, HB2, HB3 and DG3
  • wings - EB1, TN1 and lots of glitter
  • background - IB1, TB1 and TB2
  • ground - BG1 and BG3
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's circle nestie, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted it onto a Spellbinder's scalloped circle nestie. I attached it to the card with foam pads.
I cut several Doohickey vintage daises, layered them and added brads from the Ribbon Girls. The little embellishments behind the brads are from the Hobby House. I arranged the flowers on the card as shown.
To finish I added a sentiment from  LOTV's sentiment tags (set 24).
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - Magnolia only challenge - add a die cut
Thank you for stopping by.
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment