Friday 4 July 2014

Puss in a boot

Hello folks and a very happy Friday to you all. Don't they come around quick - thank goodness sometimes!
The new challenge at LOTV's ideas to inspire is to use 2 LOTV products - either stamps, sentiments, papers or art pads. Here is my card for the challenge - 
I began by covering a 8 inch card blank with blue centura pearl card. I then cut a square of paper from LOTV's petal fresh paper pad and added some ribbon and lace from the Ribbon Girl around the centre. I then attached this to the card base.
The image is Puss in boot (ST158) from LOTV which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • cat - ice grey 1, ice grey 3, ice grey 4, putty and sunkissed pink
  • boot - powder blue, denim blue, cornflower, ice grey 4 and ice grey 5
  • sky - pastel blue and denim blue
  • ground - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's grand decorative ovals (a new purchase which I have been looking at fro ages and decided to treat myself to this month. I tell myself it is an investment!!), inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and attached to a larger decorative oval cut from another paper from the paper pad. I attached the image to the card with Pinflair.
I cut several Spellbinder's sprigs from blue centura pearl and  made several flowers from the papers using Tonic's petal pairs punches. I arranged the flowers and sprigs as shown and added pearls to some of the flowers.
To finish I added two sentiments from LOTV's sentiment tags (set 24).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk - challenge 226 - anything goes

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog

Lesley



2 comments:

  1. Awww this is so cute :) Love the kitty image and the beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Lesley, thanks for entering our 'It Takes Two' challenge this month.

    Good luck!

    Anne xx
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete