Monday 28 July 2014

Tilda tag

Hello folks

How are we all ? - well I hope. Wasn't it a glorious weekend - I'm loving these hot sunny days but not the muggy nights! Been getting up even earlier to get jobs done before it gets too hot and then enjoying the sunshine in the garden. Unfortunately not a lot of crafting has been happening - the Christmas card count stands at 2 - not a very good start. But I am not complaining - so often during the school holidays the weather is dreadful. I just hope it lasts for our holiday in Suffolk. 
Right, back to crafting -
This weeks challenge at the Ribbon Girl is a Magnolia only one and Mary and Andrea would like to see a tag. Not something I usually spend time doing but I thought I'd give it a go and here is the result -

I began by making a tag using white centura pearl and a Go-Kreate tags#1 die. I then cut 2 more tags from LOTV's Up, up and away paper pad, scored one of the papers in quarters and created a checker board effect on the tag.
I added a piece of lace and pearl trim (from the Ribbon Girl) across the centre of the tag.
The image is Sweet Tilda with balloon which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • hair - EB3, EB5 and EB8
  • skin - FS1, TN1 and TN2
  • clothes - BT3, BT4 and BT5
  • balloon - BT1, BT2 and BT3
  • sky - IB1

I cut the image out with scissors and attached it to the tags with Pinflair.

I coloured some roses and buds (from the Ribbon Girl) with BT2 and BT4 Spectrum Noirs and then attached them to the tag as shown. I then pushed a piece of turquoise herringbone ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) through the hole in the tag.
I stamped 3 sentiments from LOTV's sentiment tags set, inked around the edge of them with BT1 Spectrum Noir pen, then cut them out with scissors and punched a small hole at the top. I put them onto a length of Bakers twine (from the Ribbon Girl) and push this through the hole at the top of the tag. I arranged them and then secured them with Pinflair.

I woud like to enter this tag into the following challenge -
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - July Magnolia only challenge - make a tag

Many thanks for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I do hope you enjoyed reading it.

Lesley


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Lesley! I'm not very familiar with tags and definetely got some inspiration from yours! My favourite colour again :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this! Gorgeous colours :) Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Girl challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete