Friday 10 October 2014

A little Christmas sparkle

Hello everyone

Can you believe that it's Friday night again. The weeks are flying by and my Christmas card production is very low so far. 
Note to self - Must try harder!!
In light of this today's card is a Christmas one and uses a stamp I recently bought from Lili of the Valley.
I began by covering a 6 inch square card blank with silver centura pearl and then cutting a Tonic Just a note outer die only from a paper from LOTV's Frosty Christmas paper pad (I am using the scraps of this paper pad because that's all I have left). I cut a rectangle of another of the papers, cut one edge using Spellbinder's classic petal border and matted it onto another piece of silver centura pearl. I then attached it to the base paper. I wrapped a piece of blue ribbon (from my stash) around the papers and attached the whole thing to the card base.
The image is LOTV's Penguin pals (ST527) which I coloured with the following Promarkers -
  • penguins - cool grey 1, cool grey 4, cool grey 5, black, gold, sunflower and tequila sunrise
  • scarves - denim blue, arctic blue and sky blue
  • snowman - icicle, heatwave, burnt orange, praline, saddle brown and burnt sienna
  • snow - icicle
  • sky - pastel blue

I added lots of Stickles to the image and allowed to dry (it gets very messy if you don't!! - Ask me how I know!!) before cutting the image out using Tonic's layering squares, inking whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matting onto a piece of silver centura pearl. I attached it to the card base with foam pads.

To finish I added a Spellbinder's icicle die cut to which I added lots Stickles. I then attached it to the top of the card with foam pads.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://ideastoinspire.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenge - anything goes
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - October card challenge - glitter and sparkle

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering our 'Anything Goes' challenge Lesley with your beautiful card.

    Good Luck!

    Anne xx
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete