Sunday 23 November 2014

A new direction

Happy Sunday everyone

I am feeling very sorry for myself at the moment due to  having a chest infection which has really knocked me for six and has kept me out of my craftroom for over a week. (The cards posted this week were all scheduled last weekend). I had to drag myself in there this weekend to make my hubby a card for his birthday. He likes science fiction and fantasy type films so I went in a different direction (for me) and I hope that this fits the bill.
The image is a digi stamp called Sorceress which I won a long time ago in a blog challenge but I can't for the life of me remember where it came from. I don't really like digi stamps as I find that the ink can run but I read somewhere to set your printer to draft and this seems to have worked this time.
I coloured the image with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils - 
  • FS2, FS3, TN2, CR1, CR2, CR8, CR10, CR11, DR1, DR5, DR7, TN7, TN8, EB8, GB8, GB10, EB5, CT4, GB5, OR1, IG1, BG8, BG10, 017, 033, 024, 104, 087, 009 and 089.
I then trimmed the image, inked the edges with antique linen distress ink and matted and layered it onto black and red card. I made a card blank from another piece of black card and attached the topper to the card blank as shown.
The sentiment is from LOTV's scroll sentiments which I cut out with Spellbinder's resplendent rectangles and matted and layered onto another of the dies in the set.
To finish I added an insert and some gems.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 286 - no design papers

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. What a very striking and vibrant creation.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    I have some candy hereand you are very welcome to enter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete