Sunday 7 December 2014

Rudolph cushion

Good Sunday morning folks

I hope you are all well

I have been looking for a festive Rudolph cushion for ages but haven't been able to find one that I liked (and that was in stock) so I decided to make one instead.
I found the pattern for Rudolph in a book called Santa's Coming by a company called Art to Heart. I have had this book for a long time but it may still be available off the internet. 
I made the background first from a piece of cream fabric and strips and squares of scraps of Christmas fabrics from my stash. Then using heat and bond I made the Rudolph applique and attached it to the cream fabric. I appliqued it to the cream fabric with a satin stitch and some Janome embroidery threads. I also added a star to the top corner and again appliqued it with stain stitch and Janome embroidery thread.
I quilted the cushion top with YLI festival quilting thread. I then added some small buttons for Rudolph's eyes and some small jingle bells (from the Ribbon Girl)onto his antlers.
I finished the cushion by attaching a back and then binding the whole thing.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment