Wednesday 10 December 2014

Trimming the tree

Hello everyone. Happy Wednesday to you all.

This week feels like the calm before the storm. The run up to Christmas is always very busy at work but this week has been very calm. This is a little worrying but I am going with the flow and trying to relax as next week will be MAD!!!!!! To maintain the calmness I have been busy in my craft room. Here is the result - 
I began by covering a 5 x 7 card blank with a stripey paper from LOTV's twas the night paper pad. I then cut another of the papers with a Spellbinder's matting basics A and wrapped a piece of green ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the centre. I then attached this to the card base.
The image is another one from LOTV's furry Christmas art pad which I cut out with Spellbinder's matting basics A. I inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and added some glitter to the design. I matted it onto a Spellbinder's Romantic rectangles cut from another paper from the pad and attached the topper to the card with foam pads.
I stamped a sentiment from LOTV's Christmas wishes, cut it out and added glitter to the outer edge. I attached it to the card with foam pads.
I then cut two pieces of holly using green core'dinations and a Die'sire holly die. I attached them to the card as shown. To finish I added some red dew drops (from the Ribbon Girl) to the holly.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 288 - Animal magic
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - December card challenge - anything goes

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment