Tuesday 23 December 2014

With love at Christmas time

Hello and a very happy Christmas eve eve,

Are we all ready? Have you braved the shops for all your festive food or are you very organised? I have virtually everything now except fresh fruit and veg and bread which I will collect tomorrow morning with my Dad.
I am still frantically making cards and gift boxes and this one is for my hubby - 
I began by cutting a Tonic layering square from a paper from LOTV's Twas the night and matting it onto a piece of red Bazzil card. I made a border from another piece of the red card and punching along one edge with an EK Success punch. I matted a another paper from the pad onto the red and added some red ribbon from the Ribbon Girl. I fixed the border to the holly paper and attached the whole thing to a 6 inch card blank.
The beautiful image is from LOTV and is called Secretly Yours which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • skin - satin, blush and dusky pink
  • girl's hair - praline, saddle brown and burnt sienna
  • boy's hair - henna
  • clothes - poppy, berry red, crimson, sunflower, gold, denim, polar blue and twilight
  • box - caramel, cinnamon and umber
  • present - polar blue, twilight, sunflower and gold
  • sky - pastel blue 
  • ground - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
I cut the image out with a Die'namics stitched circle, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted onto a Die'sire Chantilly lace stamping frame die cut from red Bazzil card. I then attached the whole topper to the card base with foam pads.
I cut 2 Marianne ivys and a Die'sire mistletoe from white card, coloured them with holly, moss and apple cider Promarkers and attached them to the with Pinflair as shown. I then added 3 pearls to the centre.
To finished I stamped and cut out a sentiment tag from LOTV's sentiment tags (set 24)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk - anything goes (2nd entry)

Thank you for taking time to read my blog.

Lesley








2 comments:

  1. What a fab festive card ,love the dies you have used
    Thanks for joining us at I love promarkers and Have a happy new year
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...so cute!
    Thanks for playing in the last Crafty Little Fairies Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete