Wednesday 7 January 2015

A rose for you

Hello folks

Happy Wednesday to you all

Today's card features another new Tilda stamp and a new LOTV paper pad -aren't the colours lovely and summery?
I began by covering a 6 inch square card blank with a green gingham paper from LOTV's Butterfly kisses paper pad. I then cut a Tonic layering square from another paper from the pad, added a strip of another paper and then wrapped a ribbon (from the Hobby House) around the top of the square. I then added a strip of another paper along the side and attached the whole thing to the card base.
The image is Tilda with a big, big rose, a new stamp which fell into my basket whilst browsing the internet during the Christmas holidays. I coloured it with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils -
  • skin - FS1, FS3, FS6, CR1 and 089
  • hair - GB9, GB10, EB8 and 104
  • dress, shoes and rose - BP1, BP2, BP3, BP5, BP7, blender, 031, CG1, CG2, LG5 and 085
  • sky - IB1 and 065
  • ground - BG1 and BG3
Santa gave me a new set of pencils so the all the pencils I have used come from either the Primaries, Essentials or Floral tins of Spectrum Noir pencils.
I cut the image out with Spellbinder's Grand decorative ovals one and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I made a frame using Spellbinder's Grand decorative labels one and an oval nestie and then attached it to the image. I attached it to the card with foam pads.

I cut several Tonic regal ferns and Doohickey vintage daisies from the papers, layered up the daisies and added a brad to the centre of each, then arranged the ferns and flowers as shown.
I cut a Doohickey small dragonfly, attached it to the card and added a pearl to the body of the dragonfly.
I stamped 2 sentiment tags using LOTV's sentiment tags stamp set 24 and added them to the card as shown and to finish added a heart charm.

Thank you so much for stopping by

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. They are indeed lovely colours Lesley as is your card, a nice reminder of warmer days.

    B x

    ReplyDelete