Tuesday 24 February 2015

16th birthday celebrations

Hello folks

Today is my son's 16th birthday and here is the card I made for him - 
This one proved quite difficult to photograph so this post is rather photo heavy.
I began by making an exploding box card from black core'dinations using instructions I found at Split Coast Stampers
I matted and layered the card using papers from Do-crafts chronology paper pad and some silver centura pearl. 
To decorate I used stamps from Crafter's Companion's Textures words of wisdom set 1 and 2 which I embossed in silver embossing powder.
 And cogs cut from craft metal using Spellbinder's spritely sprockets.
As you can see I really went to town embellishing this card!
To finish I added a sentiment cut from craft metal using Spellbinder's sentiment dies 2.

A huge Happy Birthday to Liam. I am still struggling to comprehend that I am the mum of 3 teenagers, not entirely sure where the last 16 years have gone. It seems only yesterday that he was born.

 Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment