Monday 23 February 2015

Add lace

Good morning folks and a very happy Monday to you all.


Back to work for me today so this is a scheduled post of another of the cards during yesterday's lock-in in my craft room.

I began by covering a 6 inch card blank with a paper from LOTV's Heartfelt paper pad. I then cut a Tonic Twisted twine square from another of the papers and attached it to the card base.
I cut two Tonic rose deco frames, one from a pink paper from the pad and another from a green paper. I then cut the rose from the pink frame and added them to the green frame, and then attached it to the card base.
The image is Magnolia's Tilda with a rose basket which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils - 

  • hair - TN4, TN6, TN7 and 096
  • skin - FS1, TN1, TN2, TN3, 089 and CR1
  • clothes - CR8, CR10, CR11 and 033
  • basket - GB7, GB9, GB11, 087 and IG1
  • roses - DR2, DR4, CR10, CR11, CG3, DG2 and DG4
  • ground - BG2 and BG4
I cut the image out with a Spellbinder's rectangle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then added some antique blue frantage and attached the topper to the card base with foam pads.

The challenge at the Ribbon Girl this week is to add lace but I didn't want to add a strip of lace as it would cover up the die cut so I cut a piece of flower lace (from the Ribbon Girl) into individual flowers and arranged them as shown. To finish I added some pearls to the centre of the flowers and a silver butterfly charm again from the Ribbon Girl.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - add lace magnolia only challenge
Spectrum Noir facebook challenge - use red

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment