Tuesday 8 September 2015

Christmas Foilage

Good evening folks

This is one of the samples that I made for some shows in Germany featuring Sheena's Christmas perfect partners Christmas stamp and die sets.
This card uses Yuletide greetings stamp set and Christmas foliage die set.
I began by making the background by scribbling kingfisher, jasmine and charcoal Spectrum Aquas onto a glass mat and spritzing with water. I then took a piece of watercolour card and "blotted" up then ink. The background piece on this card is the second "blotting".
I then stamped the evergreen boughs onto the background. I coloured directly onto the stamp with my Spectrum Aquas and then stamped them onto the background. I coloured the pine cones in a similar way but stamped them onto a separate piece of watercolour card and then using the dies cut and embossed them. I then pulled the colour out with a little water. To get the shading correct I removed some of the colour using water and a piece of kitchen paper. Using the same method I made the twigs.
The Spectrum Aquas I used were - 

  • background - kingfisher, charcoal and jasmine
  • pine cones - boulder, sepia, chestnut and chocolate
  • twigs - chocolate and sepia
  • evergreen boughs - moss and evergreen

The other ingredients used were - 


  • white centura pearl (for the card base)
  • silver centura pearl
  • teal core'dinations
  • snowflake embossing folder (from Crafter's Companion)

Thank you for stopping by today

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Love these fir cone images Lesley very effective.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete