Saturday 26 March 2016

In the spring time

Hello folks and a very happy Easter Saturday to you all

It is a four day weekend here in the UK and the first Bank holidays of the year. And in true British style the weather is wild and windy so I am tucked up in my craft room busily completing my Easter cards although I do need to venture out to the opticians later.
Today sees the launch of a new challenge at Fantasy Stampers and this fortnight our new challenge is - 
In the Springtime
Please remember that we are a stamping challenge and the main feature of your project must be stamped (no digi stamps please).
Here is my DT card for the challenge - 
I have used Sheena's A Little bit sketchy - Chick, chick chicken which I stamped onto watercolour card and coloured with my Spectrum Aqua blend pencils - 
  • skin - apricot
  • hair - ginger and brunette
  • clothes - ruby, carrot, sapphire and pineapple
  • hens - oak, brunette and wheat
  • corn - dark slate, brunette and ginger
  • grass - cypress and oregano
  • sky - aqua
  • chicks - wheat, beeswax and clay

I have also used - 
  • white centura pearl
  • blue core'dinations
  • Textures hessian embossing folder (from Crafter's Companion)
  • Die'namics stitched circle stax
  • Spellbinder's 5x7 matting basics A
  • sparkles from my stash

Sentiment from the stamp set
Thank you for stopping by today. Happy Easter to you all.

Crafty hugs
Lesley

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable image Lesley and so perfect for an Easter card, it's rather reminiscent of a photo of me many years ago.

    Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend and sounds like your craft room is the best place with our traditional bank holiday weather.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley this is a stunning card I love the image you have used it does remind me of Spring. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable image Lesley, definitely spring like.
    The wind is up here but as I type the sun has come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous design, hun - perfect for the challenge.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete