Monday 20 February 2017

Turning to teens

Good morning folks

Today sees the start of my half term holidays and I am hoping to get some crafty me time this week. My son is celebrating his 18th birthday at the end of the week too and my garden is in need of some TLC so it is promising to be a busy week. Lets hope I can fit it all in.
Today's card is one I made for my god-daughter's 13th birthday. She isn't a girly girl so I am hoping that this hit the right tone, pretty (not too pretty) and a little grown up - 
I used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens to colour the whole card and I was very pleased with the results.
I used - 

  • Sheena's stamping card
  • Neenah white stamping card
  • matt black card
  • blue core'dinations
  • Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - inspired violet, aquarmarine, amethyst, starry sky, crystal clear and onyx black
  • Sheena's perfect partners dragonfly dance stamp and die set
  • Tonic Chevron number 1 and spotted number 3 dies
  • pearl swirl from Creative Expressions
  • sentiment from Crafter's Companion Inspirations magazine

I created the background using the Sparkle pens which I scribbled onto a glass mat, spritzed with water and blotted with a piece of Sheena's stamping card.
I coloured the numbers in a similar way to the background but added onyx black to the edges and then blended with the crystal clear pen.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 403 - anything goes.html
http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - animal magic

Thank you for stopping by today. Enjoy your day.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley this is a gorgeous card. Your god-daughter is going to love it. It sounds like you have a very busy week ahead. I hope you have lots of fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background and a really gorgeous dragonfly, lovely card

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and the dragonfly is stunning. Beautiful colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super creation for our theme this week Lesley and a beautiful riot of pretty colours, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Stamping Sensations challenge Lesley.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card in lovely colours! You've made a beautiful background for the dragonfly, I like the pearl swirls too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Anything Goes' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete